Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Homemade Ice Packs


I wished I would have known about making your own ice packs when all my kids were little. I could have made each one of them, one in their favorite color!  I LOVE these ice packs. The ones you buy are so hard and don't fit over the whole area you need it to and if you use ice, it gets wet when it starts to melt.
These ice packs are perfect. They never get hard, but they are SUPER cold!!  Since they are soft, you can wrap them around an arm or ankle or knee and they get the whole area.  When you are done, just pop them back in the freezer.

To make an ice pack:
Put 2 cups of water and 1 cup of rubbing alcohol.  If you want color, add some food coloring. Put this inside a gallon freezer bag. Squeeze as much air as you can out of the bag. Put this inside a second gallon bag. Put in the freezer and use when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10 01 09 10