Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Copycat Bells Seasoning Recipe

I was introduced to this seasoning many years ago, from someone who lived up north. I could never find it in the south, so she would send me several boxes of it at a time.  She is now passed on, but as Thanksgiving rolled around, I was trying to find out where I could buy this from, when I saw this  copy cat recipe. I made it  and was very happy to find out it tastes just like the Bells Seasoning!!  Not only can you put this in your stuffing, but just add some to the flour before frying your chicken for a good flavor.


4-1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
4 teaspoon dried oregano
3-3/4 teaspoon dried sage
3-1/2 teaspoon ground dried ginger
3 teaspoon dried marjoram
2-3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Mix together and grind to fine powder using a coffee or spice grinder.

Bell's seasoning is great as a seasoning for meats and is excellent in meatloaf and burgers also, so you'll find lots of uses for this blend.

Makes about 1/2 cup

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10 01 09 10