Monday, February 22, 2016

A Boss Who is a Bully


 Bully's come in all shapes, sizes and ages. They are not just school age children, but also in the workplace, as some of our bosses.  What is the Christian's response to a bully?  We have to remember that 1st we are a Christian. We can't get caught up in the drama or anger that they are spewing out. Some times it's not anger, but they calmly threaten you. I had an experience with this recently.
My boss had asked me to do something that is wrong in the site of God. I knew that, because the word of God tells me it's wrong. But he asked me to do it and when I wouldn't, he sent me an email the next day, trying to manipulate me. When that didn't work, he called me on the phone.  When I told him I would not do what he asked because I was a Christian and I obeyed God before any person, he got mad and said that my faith was getting in the way of me performing the duties of my job. But what he had asked me to do, had nothing to do with my job description.  Bullies don't like to be told no. When one tactic doesn't work, they try another.  They try to make you feel like you are the one who is wrong. I have never been threatened because of my faith. I have been talked about and given the cold shoulder over it, shunned,  even within my own family, but never threatened. I have a healthy fear of God and I would never tell someone to listen to me over the word of God.  Acts 5:29 says,  We ought to obey God rather than men. No matter what the cost, obey God.  God worked out this situation in a way I never could have on my own. I thank him for being my father. I thank him for being my protector. I thank him for loving me and always being there.    No matter what the cost, do the right thing and he will take care of it all. Don't let fear cripple you. If  you give in to a bully, he will strike again and again, and not only to you, but to others too. 1st I am a Christian, before I am an employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10 01 09 10