Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Best Cinnamon Rolls


 

 I have tried a lot of cinnamon roll recipes, but we like this one the best. I can't imagine it getting any better than this. I got the recipe and picture from here. If you want to see a detailed post on each step for how to make these rolls, just go to the link and she shows you in detail how to make these.  I don't put mine on parchment paper and they come out of the pan just fine.  I also don't mix the egg, oil and buttermilk separately. I just put it all in the bowl and add the flour last and mine rise and bake up beautifully.  I also don't have fresh lemon juice so I just used my lemon juice in the bottle and I also added more cream cheese and a little more sugar to my icing, after reading that a true cinnabon has equal amounts of butter and cream cheese.

3/4 cup water, 115 degrees

2-1/4 tsp. yeast

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature

1 egg

1/3 cup oil

1 tsp. salt

4-1/2 cups plain flour

 

Mix the yeast and water and let set 5 minutes.

Add the sugar, buttermilk, egg and oil. Mix together.

Add the salt and then half the flour. Add additional flour 1/4 cup at a time until  the dough leaves the edges of the bowl. Knead for 5 minutes and then cover and let rise until double, about an hour and a half.

 

Filling:

1/2 cup soft butter

1-1/4 cups brown sugar

2-1/2 TBS cinnamon

2 TBS cornstarch

Roll the dough out on the counter to a thin rectangle. Spread the butter over the dough and then sprinkle with mixture.  Roll up tightly.  Using dental floss, cut every 2 inches and place in a greased 9x13 pan.  Cover and let rise 1-1/2 hours or until edges almost touch.

Bake for  about 17 minutes at 350, or until the top starts to brown.

 

Icing:

4 oz. cream cheese

1/4 cup butter

1 tsp. lemon juice

1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 TBS corn syrup

1-1/2 cups confectionary sugar

Mix together and spread a thin layer on rolls, fresh out of the oven. Wait about 5 minutes and spread the rest.

 

4 comments:

  1. These look so so Yummy!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh~ nothing says lovin like fresh cinnamon rolls. I haven't made them in a long while. I have been dieting since spring :/
    Hope you are having a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodness...these look wonderfully tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! Years ago I found a recipe for cinnamon biscuits on your  
    blog that i loved! I know it used self rising flour and you kneaded in the  
    cinnamon and brown sugar then patted the dough out and cut. I made then  
    several times but can not find the recipe now. Was wondering if you had it.  
    I was hoping to use it in our co op home ec class. If there is any way you  
    could email it to me I would so appreciate it! Kgtx3mom at yahoo dot com.  
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10 01 09 10