Monday, August 24, 2015

Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup

This is now my new favorite soup. I love stuffed bell peppers, so when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it. We  all voted it to be a keeper.  I started out with this recipe, but changed it up just a bit. It says to cook it in a crock pot, but we just cooked it like a normal soup on top of the stove.  I added garlic cloves and  sausage to it. We thought it was perfect!
1/2 lb. hamburger
1/2 lb. sausage
1 cup onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
15 oz can tomato sauce
15 oz can diced tomatoes
2 cups diced bell pepper
3 cups beef broth
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. oregano
1 cup cooked rice

Brown your beef and sausage with the onion. Drain and add the rest of the ingredients. Let it simmer for one hour. This is good served with cornbread.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds good. I am going to add it to my menu list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10 01 09 10