Saturday, January 24, 2015

Cabbage Rolls


I have tried several recipes for cabbage rolls and this is the one my family likes the best. These are really good!!

2 heads cabbage
1 lb. hamburger
1 lb. sausage meat
3/4 c chopped onion
2 c cooked rice
1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
2 eggs
1 tsp. pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2-30 oz. Cans tomato sauce

 

Cook the hamburger, sausage and onion. Drain. Put in a bowl and add all the ingredients, except cabbage and tomato sauce. 
Cut cabbage head around the base and put in a large pot of hot water. Remove each leaf and cook until soft enough to fold. Remove to a colander.
 Take each leaf and add a scoop of meat mixture. Fold leaves over and put seam side down into a 9x13 baking dish.
Pour the sauce over the top and cover.
 Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

 

1 comment:

  1. I love these, I try and make them monthly for my husband, his favorite...Thanks for the recipe I never had a recipe just by remembering, and lately my memory does not work great.

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10 01 09 10