Saturday, December 27, 2014

Best Fried Rice

I have tried fried rice at restaurants, but I just don't care for them. I was told that a Chinese woman said that the Americans don't make fried rice right, because we put big chunks in our rice, but real Chinese rice has every thing diced up small.

1 lb. cooked pork, I like to use Kielbasa sausage
1 cup diced carrots
2 cups diced onions
5 TBS oil
1 cup cooked peas
2 eggs, lightly beaten
few drops of soy sauce
8 cups of cooked, cold or room temperature rice ( I use my baked brown rice)
1 TBS soy sauce

Put the oil and carrots in a sauce pan and cook a couple of minutes. Add the onions and cook until clear. Add the peas and meat and heat until warm. Add the rice and stir all together.
Mix a few drops of soy sauce in the eggs. Push the rice to the side and put the eggs in the pan. Scramble up and then stir together. (Or you can scramble the eggs up before hand)
Add in 1 TBS soy sauce. Heat through and serve with the Japanese White Sauce or soy sauce.

Tips: I cook my peas and meat the day before and I also scramble my eggs before I start to cook. This way it all goes together quickly.













I




 

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not crazy about peas but the rest sounds good. Might have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't notice the over all taste of the peas. They simply blend it all together for a very good taste!!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10 01 09 10