Thursday, October 16, 2014

Teaching Someone to Sew Book

When my girls were younger and I taught them to sew, this little book was real handy.  This week I am teaching someone else to sew and I got this book out again. Even though all my girls are way past this stage, this is one book that I have kept because it's just so good for teaching someone. It explains all the parts to a sewing machine and how they work and the best part I like, is that there is papers you can run off with mazes on them, that they sew. You take the thread out and let them sew the papers with different designs on them. Each design is the same thing they'll be doing on fabric, like pivoting, curves, stopping and turning at points. This just makes so much sense. When I learned to sew I would get the fabric bogged down and it was aggravating. These papers that you sew,  teaches them to operate the sewing machine before they get the fabric under there. It also has some little things in there for them to make with the patterns included.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Sandra! :) I used this book for my little girl too and also appreciate the sewing sheets! She now makes her own skirts :) Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10 01 09 10