Friday, May 30, 2014

Homemade Brown/Chicken Gravy Mix

Instead of buying those instant gravy packs, mix this up and save money. It also tastes better than those packs.
I have been making this for quite a few years now. It tastes better than those packs you buy, it's just as easy to make, and it's cheaper!! I bought these little jars from Wal-Matt and made some labels to go on them. On the front I put the picture of what kind it is, as you see on the left and on the back, I put the directions.

Mix together:
1 jar of beef or chicken bouillon granules
2-1/2 cups plain flour

When you need gravy, just mix:
1/4 cup of mix
1-1/2 cups water
Mix over medium  heat  until thickened, just like you do the packages you buy.
This makes 1-1/2  cups of gravy.
Today I am linking up with Strangers & Pilgrams. To read more homemaking tips and ideas, just head over to her blog.


  1. I've been looking for recipes like this. Thank you!

  2. That's brilliant! Who'd have thought?
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,

  3. What a clever idea! Thank you for sharing Sandra. I love preparing these types of things in advance for our pantry! Thanks for linking up with us!

  4. I like the idea of putting the label and the directions on the jars. Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting my blog.

  5. Love it, I will be sure to try it out. What a great money saving idea for when you need gravy.


01 09 10 01 09 10