Saturday, May 17, 2014

FINALLY, A Good Homemade Hush Puppy Recipe

Vicki's Hush Puppies Recipe
I LOVE hush puppies, but I have never been able to make them as good as the ones at the seafood restaurants. Today we were going to have fish for supper, so I went online to find ANOTHER recipe to try.  I read a lot of reviews and decided to try this one.  It was SO good. I did make some changes, after reading the reviews and they were PERFECT.
2 eggs
1/2 cups  sugar
3/4  cup onion, diced
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup self rising cornmeal
1 tsp. each salt, pepper and onion powder
1/4 cup buttermilk

In a bowl, mix the eggs, sugar and onion. Stir in the flour, cornmeal and seasonings.
Mix in the buttermilk and drop by teaspoonful's into hot oil and fry until golden brown.


       

2 comments:

  1. Hi, there! SO thankful you connected with me today! I LOVE your blog. Reading your profile, it sounds like we have a lot in common. I love Sheffey and Jonathan Sperry, too..along with Southern Gospel music and making soap!! We love going to the Singin' In The Sun in Myrtle Beach, SC. Do you ever go there? I am just so thankful to have met you and pray God blesses you abundantly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made hush puppies in so long! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10 01 09 10