Thursday, November 1, 2012

Gifted Hands

Someone recommended this movie and I'm so glad they did. I don't care for TV but a movie that is a true story is different. This movie is clean and it shows you that no matter how hard the circumstances, that God can do whatever he wills, through whoever he wills. It's also a good lesson to show parents some things we can do to get our kids moving in another direction. This woman saw that watching too much TV was hurting her boys, and although they didn't like it at first, she made them start reading instead. Their lives changed because of it. Letting kids watch TV is the easy way out for parents, whether it's TV or movies. But we set our children up to be lazy that way. If you want an inspiring movie, watch this one. 

5 comments:

  1. I do want to see that movie and I do like Cuba Gooding, Jr. Thanks for recommendation. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the movie, but the book is excellent. I read it as a teenager and it really inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Cuba Gooding Jr. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to see if my library has it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sandra,

    My husband and I so enjoyed this movie. It was inspiring and I appreciated that it was clean and appropriate for family viewing. Something rare these days.

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10 01 09 10