Thursday, September 27, 2012

New Favorite Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

My husband can't eat store bought spaghetti sauce, so I've been making my own for many years.  Last week  we tried this new recipe and we all agreed that it's better than my other one. Simple ingredients and great flavor. I've never been a fan of spaghetti, but this was really good! 
1-1/2 lbs. cooked  hamburger
1-1/2 c diced onion
1 quart and 1 pint tomatoes (6 cups)
12 oz. tomato paste
1-1/2 c diced bell pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 TBS parsley
1-1/2 TBS oregano
4 TBS basil
1 TBS salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. pepper

In a sauce pan cook your hamburger with the onion. Drain and return to pan. Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer for one hour.

3 comments:

  1. My husband is Italian (1st gen. American) and refuses to eat store-bought pasta sauce (gravy). This recipe sounds very good! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a fan? Oh, my - that's been my 'comfort' food for decades. This sounds just right, too - tasty but not really spicy. Beloved Husband would toss out the green pepper, but I'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is pretty easy. Homemade spaghetti is the best. Its very tasty than the store bought one.
    Ecommerce Australia

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10 01 09 10