Tuesday, September 4, 2012

McDonalds Frappe Copycat Recipe

 I have tried several frappe recipes that I have found online, but none of them were close to McDonalds. This one, is!! I was SO happy to find this recipe. To us, it tastes even better than the McDonalds frappes. It's so easy too.


Mix together:
1/3 cup instant coffee, dry, crushed
1 cup sugar
1 cup dry milk powder
3/4 cup nondairy creamer
1/2 cup cocoa
Dash or two of salt


To make a Frappe like McDonalds

Put a couple handfuls of ice in a blender.
Add 1/2 cup milk (Or use water if you want a stronger mocha flavor)
Pour in 1/2 cup of mix.
 Blend on high until smooth.
Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
This mixture makes one McDonalds small size frappe.
Store the rest of the dry ingredients in a dry container.

11 comments:

  1. I really want to make this but I'm confused by the instructions.

    Pour in 1/2 cup of the mix and then add 1/2 tsp. blend on high

    What does that mean? Could you clarify?

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I adopt you? You come up with the tastiest recipes. David and I stop at McDonalds on the mornings he has plasmapheresis and their frappe is my favorite morning treat. Now I can have it at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love frappes! so I am gonna try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I don't know what the computer did, but it had some characters in there that I didn't put. I fixed the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does this work for caramel too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could possibly put the caramel in when you put the milk and ice in the blender.

      Delete
  6. I"m not sure if it does or not. I have never made the caramel, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried it and it came out fabulous it tastes great and may be even better then Mcdonalds

    ReplyDelete
  8. It would not work for caramel,because there is no way to replace the cocoa powder with any powdered caramel item unless you used some of that international foods cappuccino powder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra, inviting you to link up more of your neat posts this week. This Frappe recipe looks like right up my alley!!! Have a wonderful week! ~ JES

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried this with a friend today, we loved it! So good, and tastes just like the McDonald's one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10 01 09 10