Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Homemade Zesty Herb Mix


 When I first got married I didn't know how to cook anything, and I didn't have any spices in my kitchen. I bought this packaged seasoning mix and we loved it. It's good on chicken or pork chops.  I found this copy cat recipe for this marinade and it's just as good as the packaged one.
2 TBS olive oil
2 TBS vinegar
1/4 c water
1/2 TBS paprika
1 TBS oregano
1 TBS garlic powder
1 TBS onion powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. basil
Just mix the ingredients and put a whole cut up chicken or pork chops in it and stir up to coat. It won't look like it's enough but it is. Then bake at 350 uncovered for one hour.

4 comments:

  1. OH thanks for sharing I Love making my own mixes! I mix ingredients and store in shaker cheese jars..works great...
    ~~Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love copycat recipes -- they make my life easier, and give the taste of my favorite things. Appreciate this one as I need to grill some chick breasts today as salad toppers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added some red wine what a difference but I used it on flank steak it was amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm eager to try this because the ingredients are less processed. Thanks for figuring it out!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10 01 09 10