Friday, July 6, 2012

Absolute BEST Potato Chowder


 I got this recipe from Kelly. I can't find her blog now for anything. But this is the BEST potato chowder I've ever had. I like to add some  bacon bits to mine, but some of my family just likes the cheese in it.                              
5 large Russet potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
1 small carrot, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
3 c chicken broth
1 tsp. salt
2 c milk
4 TBS butter, melted
5 TBS plain flour
1 TBS dried parsley
1 tsp. black pepper
1 c Shredded Swiss or Cheddar cheese
12 oz. pack bacon, cooked and crumbled
Sauté the carrots, celery and onions in butter until soft.  Add potatoes and chicken broth  and bring to a boil. Let cook until potatoes are just tender. Add milk and bring it to a simmer. While it is heating back up, mix the butter, flour, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir into potato mixture and cook until thickened. Serve with cheese  and bacon on top.

4 comments:

  1. Looks so good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy sounds good, may copy this one, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so good!!! It is my favorite!

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10 01 09 10