Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tasty Onion Chicken

This is one of our favorite meals around our house. Even the ones who don't  like onions, LOVE this.    They tell me to make extra, because they like making sandwiches out of it the next day. This is a very simple, yet tasty meal. We like to have it with a salad.

1/2 c butter, melted
1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. ground mustard
2 cans French Fried onions, crushed
4 boneless breasts

Mix the butter and Worcestershire sauce and ground mustard in a small bowl. Place the crushed onions in another bowl. Cut each chicken breast into 3 pieces,by cutting the breast in half first, dividing the thicker part of the breast from the bottom, thinner piece. Then cut the thicker top half of the breast in half. This makes all the pieces close to the same size, for even cooking.
Dip each piece in the butter mixture and then the onions. Place in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Drizzle any remaining butter over chicken.  Bake uncovered at 400 for 20 minutes or until the meat tests done at 170 degrees.



4 comments:

  1. This looks very good:) My farm boy loves those crispy onions..bet he would like to try this recipe! So glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know I'll love that one! Onions are among my favorites anyway, and crunchy is best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny you posted this, I got chicken out this morning and told Chuck I was going to bread it in bread crumbs and fried onion pieces, much the way you give, lol great minds and all that, sounds good, and looks so pretty, thanks for the times was wondering how long it would take. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this and it is sooo good! My family loves it!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10 01 09 10