Saturday, March 31, 2012

Coffee Punch

I went to a shower the other night and they had this coffee punch. I had never heard of it before but it looked good. It was delicious and I had to have the recipe.  My oldest son tried it when I made it and he said it tastes like the McDonald's  Mocha Frappe. I don't know because I've never had one, but if you like those, you'll like this punch.  Since I don't have  a punch bowl and I didn't want to drink the whole thing in one day, I made this and put the first 4 ingredients in a gallon jug. When I want a cup I'll scoop a heaping TBS of ice cream in a cup and pour it over that. Then I top it with a  heaping TBS of cool whip. Make sure you leave some stirring room in the cup. The little shavings of chocolate really add to it.  We just bought some of those little Hershey bars and scrape a little off it each time. RUMMY!!

1/2 gallon coffee (A 12 cup pot of coffee equals this)
1/2 cup sugar
1 quart milk
12 oz chocolate syrup
1/2 gallon vanilla ice-cream
16 oz cool whip
chocolate shavings, or chocolate syrup, optional

Mix the coffee and sugar and let cool. Add the milk and chocolate syrup and refrigerate until ready to use. Put the ice-cream in the punch bowl and pour the coffee mixture over it. Top with cool whip and add chocolate shavings if desired.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of coffee but I bet the rest of my bunch would love this. I'll have to make it soon so they can try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cold sweet coffee. That's the reason I bought a 'Bullet' and keep coffee in an ice tray so I can toss in a few cubes of ice, some cold coffee, a spoonful of ice cream or flavored cream. Tiny changes give a variety of flavors and I find this to be a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much sugar?

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10 01 09 10