Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chicken Spaghetti

I never would have tried this recipe on my own, but a friend invited us over for dinner and she fixed it. This is really good! I don't like mushrooms or pimentos but it is really good in this!  She told me she got the recipe from  The Pioneer Woman. The only thing I did different, was that I used my homemade cream of mushroom soup. I also didn't add the 1/8 tsp. of cayenne pepper. It has eye appeal and it tastes great! My entire family LOVED this recipe and it's definitely one I'll be making again and again.


2 cups Cooked Chicken
3 cups dry spaghetti, broke in 2 inch pieces
2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup
2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
¼ cups Finely Diced Green Pepper
¼ cups Finely Diced Onion
1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained
1-1/2 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot
1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
Salt And Pepper, to taste
1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups.
Reserve 2 cups of the broth  to be added to the remaining ingredients.
Cook spaghetti in the rest of the chicken broth until done. Do not overcook.
When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.
Place mixture in a  9x13 c pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar.
 Leave uncovered and  bake immediately 350 for 45 minutes until bubbly.

7 comments:

  1. I love The Pioneer Woman, I am definitely be making this recipe. It sounds yummy!
    I now my hubby and our sons are going to love this.
    Thanks for sharing it.
    Happy cooking,
    Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to figure out what to fix next for our 42 Domino night when it comes to my turn -- I thank this will fit the bill just fine. I'll be fixing for eighteen! My turn is in three weeks, so I'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love pimentos! i'm glad i've found this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks fabulous!! and easy too....thank you! i have a new recipe!!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really good, think I may try this one, thanks Sandra for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10 01 09 10