Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

My sister-in-law told me about a restaurant that served these potatoes and they loved them. So she began to experiment and find a way to make them. We tried them tonight and the whole family loved them. They are very creamy but not cheesy tasting. 
3 pounds whole potatoes (Peeled & Cut into 1 by 1 cubes) 
4 TBS  butter 
1 cup half & half 
3/4 cup grated parmesan 
1 TBS  salt 
1/2 tsp pepper 

Boil potatoes until soft. Add the rest of the ingredients and mash. 
* I didn't have half and half, but I did have whipping cream, so I used half whipping cream and half regular milk and they were good.



3 comments:

  1. That does sound good -- adds richness. Have you tried adding parsnips? A little carrot flavor, but keeping it creamy white?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!
    I've never used heavy creams in my potatoes before but I do use Evap. milk in them and that makes them so much creamier than plain ol' milk. I bet the extra Parmesan cheese makes them tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These mashed potatoes look really good! And I like the pan from your previous post!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10 01 09 10