Friday, December 16, 2011

New Favorite Yellow Cake Recipe

I had another yellow cake recipe that I have always used, but today I tried a new one and it's even better. It's light and fluffy and it makes a thick cake. I was afraid it'd be  heavy, with 2 sticks of butter, but it wasn't.  I baked it in a 9x13 instead of layers. It's perfect! I got it here. I used self rising flour instead of plain.  I also didn't have enough buttermilk, so I used half regular milk and it was perfect.
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2- 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1- 1/2 tsp. vanilla 
  • 2 -1/2 cups buttermilk
  • 3- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2- 1/4 tsp.baking powder
  • 2 -1/2 tsp.  baking soda
  • Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9x13 inch pans. (You read that right, but I used just one 9x13 pan) Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
  • In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pans.
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean 
  • I baked  mine  for 55 minutes. 

3 comments:

  1. Oooooo! Gonna have to try this one! Yellow cake w/chocolate frosting is our family favorite!

    Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for recipes that will feed a large group. We have from 16 to 20 each Thursday night at our domino group. This would be a great dessert! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post! thanks for sharing..happy holidays...blessings..soraya

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10 01 09 10