- 1 cup butter
- 2- 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 -1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2- 1/4 tsp.baking powder
- 2 -1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9x13 inch pans. (You read that right, but I used just one 9x13 pan) Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean
- I baked mine for 55 minutes.
Friday, December 16, 2011
New Favorite Yellow Cake Recipe
here. I used self rising flour instead of plain. I also didn't have enough buttermilk, so I used half regular milk and it was perfect.